Sections to ogranize themes
- Mother’s Day
Try switching out feet for hands or lipgloss kisses or hearts. The straw adds a 3D element, switch them out for twisted paper, or twigs.
Here are a few ideas for sharing appreciation
|Her children arise and|
call her blessed;
her husband also,
he praises her:
“Many women do noble things,
You surpass them all.”
Is clothed in
Of the future
|Honor her |
for all that her hands have done,
let her works bring her praise
at the city gate.
Nature walk creations!
Have Sparks collect interesting things as they walk, as they do, at home sort into living and nonliving. Create a collage as you talk about what they discovered!
Seeker scope– these are fun to talk on walks. Play I Spy or just listen as they talk about what they see. This paper towel tube, decorated and coated in Modge-Podge lasted all summer!
Find John the Baptist’s Head Spinner
- Printout John the Baptist and head
- crayons/markers/paint to color in
- with a sharp knife cut out the spaces for John’s head
- With a pin fastener near his belt fasten a round paper or plate so John’s head appears in either spot when turned!
Guardian Angel Nightlight
- Chose simple images and phrases to print or draw
- Let your Sparks paint them!
- Glue popcisle sticks into 6 frames and assemble into a box
- Glue drawing onto frames
- Add a battery powered votive and enjoy as the nights get longer into the winter!
Harvest time fun!
Pumpkin decorations are almost standard but don’t forget to roast the seeds! Sprinkle with salt, splatter with barbeque sauce!
- Collect leaves to make rubbings
- House blessing- save the basil, root in water to plant later
- Crosses for Eleveation in September- many priests include the kids in a procession!
So far our winter fun revolves around Christmas.
Please see Nativity for more ideas under Feast Fun
So far all the spring ideas are under Pascha Preparations